Home Forums Movies 2019 Best Actress Predictions and Analysis (Part 2)

2019 Best Actress Predictions and Analysis (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 579 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wattsgold
Luca Giliberti
willd
  • MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

How is Gaga thirstier than any other actress on the field? All she’s been doing is the press and campaigning that she’s contractually obligated to do.

Whether or not she’s deserving of the Oscar, the fact that she’s even coming up in these conversations at all is a testament to her ability. Most pop star vehicles are BAD, and when this remake was announced, people swore up and down that it was going to be terrible and a Razzie magnet. Instead, it’s critically adored and a likely awards season darling. Why is that?

Lady Gaga has always been desperate for recognition. Specially after ARTPOP failed. She keeps trying to bait awards all the time, Grammys, Oscars, Emmys, Golden Globes, etc. If you’re a fan, you know that’s true.

kobi
    Participant
    Topics:

You’re a fan. It’s OK. That’s when words like “adored” tend to appear. I try to be objective, and it is pretty obvious they need to keep a ludicrous level of hype for the ratings the Oscar broadcast needs. I mean, there are even articles of how she “needs to save the Oscars”. Oh, the madness!

I didn’t care about this remake, so the people shaming Cooper and Gaga were always a non-factor to me. The 1954 version remains my favorite. Nevertheless, given how weirdly some people claim ASIB 2018 has reinvented cinema and acting I like to stay on the side of unbiased observation. Media is always paid for a reason. That is the only way I can explain how so much “reality TV” trash is popular in Hollywood

I totally agree, only big fans are wanting her to win so bad. I mean she was good but Cooper was by far the better actor, he’s the one deserving of a acting Oscar. In a rational way of thinking, she shouldn’t even come up in the conversation, now we are struggling to pick 5 actesses because of her and this is the media’s fault, they’re making such a big deal of her performance that the public opinion thinks she should win while she’s not a better actress than Viola Davis who is now behind her since the battle is between Gaga and Close.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I totally agree, only big fans are wanting her to win so bad. I mean she was good but Cooper was by far the better actor, he’s the one deserving of a acting Oscar. In a rational way of thinking, she shouldn’t even come up in the conversation, now we are struggling to pick 5 actesses because of her and this is the media’s fault, they’re making such a big deal of her performance that the public opinion thinks she should win while she’s not a better actress than Viola Davis who is now behind her since the battle is between Gaga and Close.

They are her fans, it’s obvious they want her to win anything. The thing I can’t honestly understand is why the media always act like Lady Gaga is the best in everything. It’s so artificial. They act like stans. lmao

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  MarinaBelo2.
    Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Does she?

yes yes yes and yes

FYC Emily Blunt (Mary Poppins Returns) and Lady Gaga (A Star is Born) for best actress

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga will make at least a worthy nominee. Peeps saying her line delivery is awkward with just great singing…. I’d say hell to the no.

I mean a lot of folks don’t get it…. Singing itself is acting. Without the right emotions, some beautiful songs would sound odd. Gaga has always been a powerful singer and from her live performances and videos, I knew she’d make a good actress.

Go Gaga… Go girl

FYC Emily Blunt (Mary Poppins Returns) and Lady Gaga (A Star is Born) for best actress

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Can this thread not turn into a back and forth between Gaga and her fans?

I know many Golderby users are simply obsessed with hating Gaga. But you’ve made your points. We get it you don’t like her no matter what. There are 5 nominees, not just Gaga.  I’m just tired of seeing every post being about Gaga.

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I know many Golderby users are simply obsessed with hating Gaga. But you’ve made your points. We get it you don’t like her no matter what. There are 5 nominees, not just Gaga. I’m just tired of seeing every post being about Gaga.

I have to agree. I am already tired with this, and it’s just October. I wish people had gone into the movie unbiased, because I thino they’d appreciate her performance much more. And to say that ASIB going drama at the Globes was a stunt to let Glenn Close lose is SO ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous. They went drama because the movie is a drama. It’s a drama with music.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

RobertPius
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>I have to agree. I am already tired with this, and it’s just October. I wish people had gone into the movie unbiased, because I thino they’d appreciate her performance much more. And to say that ASIB going drama at the Globes was a stunt to let Glenn Close lose is SO ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous. They went drama because the movie is a drama. It’s a drama with music.</p>

But the last Star is Born was a drama with music and that was in musical/comedy. As were a bunch of others. We’ll see if the Globes let them stay in drama.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

But the last Star is Born was a drama with music and that was in musical/comedy. As were a bunch of others. We’ll see if the Globes let them stay in drama.

they should be in musical/comedy. If Get Out, American Hustle, The Martian, Birdman, etc could be there, why not ASIB and BR???? Besides, it’d even be easier to win there. A best picture musical/comedy win is better than best drama nominee. Besides, most GG best picture winners don’t usually win Oscar.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Lil Tony.

vernon1331
    Participant
    Topics:

She can easily win GG and SAG, but i don’t think she will win either BAFTA or CC. I see either Kidman or McCarthy winning CC and Close winning BAFTA (her movie is partially british).

Why won’t the critics back Gaga for the CC awards, they are the ones praising her performance in all the reviews.

Side note: Nicole deserves double nominations for best lead and supporting.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  vernon1331.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  vernon1331.
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

Lady Gaga has always been desperate for recognition. Specially after ARTPOP failed. She keeps trying to bait awards all the time, Grammys, Oscars, Emmys, Golden Globes, etc. If you’re a fan, you know that’s true.

Ugh….All I can see from your words is pathetic jealousy. Why can’t an talented artist gain success with awards? You’re really ridiculously dumb and mean.

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Why won’t the critics back Gaga for the CC awards, they are the ones praising her performance in all the reviews.

Side note: Nicole deserves double nominations for best lead and supporting.

Ye, she’s receiving huge praise from critics, but so are Glenn Close and Nicole who are receiving best career reviews and also McCarthy.  The reason why i said she won’t win CC it’s because i’m almost certain she won’t (i know it’s early). Usually they go for more human or subtle performances and not so showy. I know that last year both Oldman and Janney won for very over the top performances but they don’t award them, at least usually. Viola won for The Help over Meryl for The Iron Lady. Lupita won over Lawrence (2014). Chastain won over Lawrence (2013). Keaton won over Redmayne (2015). Stallone won over Rylance and Elba (2016). Clooney won over Dujardin (2012). Vikander also won over Winslet (2016). So this are just examples. I know that both Vikander and Lupita won the Oscar but i think you got the point. Gaga can still win the Oscar, although i prefer Close, but i don’t think CC will be one of her wins for Best Actress. And neither will be BAFTA (either Colman or Close will win there). Song is obviously in the bag. I know i said she could also easily win SAG but i’m starting to think Davis or Close will get more lucky there.

AviChristiaans
    Participant
    Topics:

I have no problem with Gaga winning an acting Oscar. Lord knows, people you would have never imagined at the Oscars have won when they finally delivered something substantial.

What I can’t stomach is the overzealous and constant barrage of Gaga stans proclaiming the world owes her that Oscar.

I personally don’t believe for a second she is winning. We know the Oscar voters. We know the backlash is going to be tremendous.

But God Twitter is going to CRASH when Gaga loses….and I am HERE FOR IT!

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

I know many Golderby users are simply obsessed with hating Gaga. But you’ve made your points. We get it you don’t like her no matter what. There are 5 nominees, not just Gaga. I’m just tired of seeing every post being about Gaga.

Nah, read more carefully to what non-Gaga thinkera claim. She was serviceable, meaning effective for the role. But Judy Garland or a top 5 outstanding actress in hollywood she is not. I’ll let the Gaga case rest for now, won’t add to the hype.

I am interested in any updates about “Destroyer”, when will the freaking movie be released? Trailer? Nicole would be a welcome comeback to the category.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  wattsgold.
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

If people think Gaga does all of this because she’s thirsty for awards, then they need to watch her documentary, it’s on Netflix. I am tired of people pretending like they know someone even though they don’t. I don’t know her either but you should watch interviews, watch documentaries and examine her work unbiased. Hatred like this is what sends celebrities to the hospital. Gaga also struggles with things that many people struggle with and she’s always been very open about that, which I admire. She doesn’t pretend to be someone else, which I wish more people did.

If you didn’t like her performance in ASIB, that’s totally fine. But don’t rain on her parade if you haven’t actually seen the performance and are just finding a way to channel your dislike of her. It’s not fair.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 579 total)

The topic ‘2019 Best Actress Predictions and Analysis (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.